"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend Wonders - Saturday Morning

I know you are all just dying to hear what wonderful adventures we had this weekend. Well - sorry to disappoint you - but life around here was pretty ordinary. The highlight of the weekend was FINALLY - almost 2 years later - getting the shelving unit up in our playroom bathroom. There has been a 7 3/8 inch HOLE along one wall between the shower stall and the bathroom wall. You ask why - I'm not sure (some plumbing thing). But anyway, in order to fill this 8 foot tall 7 3/8" wide hole we needed something movable - yet sturdy - yet small. Can I just tell you that is impossible to find shelving that small even after searching on the Internet!! So - Chris and I came up with our own method. Buy some closet shelving units - cut them to size and presto - a wonderful shelving unit. We did two units on top of each other, but I think we decided we will go for three and then it will go up the entire height of the wall. Now, you are wondering why the excitement? Can I just tell you that I cannot count how many BILLIONS of times I have had to remove some small child from squirming their way into that hole. This is a VERY difficult task when the child you are trying to move is resisting and you only have 7 3/8 inch to work with to get the wriggling child out. Give yourself a few moments to get a visual just so you can enjoy the wonder of it all.

No comments: