"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, June 15, 2008

VACATION !!!

Well - at least I call it a vacation. Chris says that when we take the kids it is a "trip", not a "vacation". We went up to my brother's house on Thursday and have been going, going, going ever since.
On Thursday afternoon - the kids enjoyed going to the park in the wonderful HEAT. The adults all searched for the shade! Then, on Friday, we went to Fair Oaks Farm. It is a dairy farm not too far away complete with an ice cream and cheese shop, birthing center, outside play areas, and a BUS tour. The kids had FUN but were thoroughly exhausted when we were done. No naps for anyone, including Creed, meant an earlier bedtime after supper that night.
On Saturday - we headed to Chicago on the train. That was quite an experience for my children. Kady was amazed when we got off the train at Millennium Station and climbed the stairs out of the tunnel. She just kept looking at all the BIG, TALL buildings. It was obvious that we lived in hickville at that moment. Creed enjoyed riding the bus to the zoo and trying to hold onto the rail with daddy. A very crowded bus, I might add. It was standing room only for some of the trip and with two kids and a stroller that is quite a challenge. We got home with four very tired children and sent them off to bed. (Our two and my nieces - we did not pick up any along the way - just in case you were wondering) Just like any good parent that needs a break would do - the adults headed out to the fire pit and enjoyed some SMORES. I know the kids would have enjoyed the food - but I must say it was nice to only have to worry about eating and enjoying the fire and not having to worry about Creed trying to jump in the fire. Today - we headed to church and Chris and I got to enjoy the big, contemporary "church feel" that we miss sometimes. It is always nice to be a guest with no responsibilities and just get to enjoy the service. (Those of you that serve in the church - know what I am saying). As I write this, my son is drifting off to sleep for a much needed nap and I am thinking that catching my own does not sound so bad right now. I will post pics from our adventures when we get home. I forgot the wonderful cord needed to transfer over the pictures onto my sister in law's computer.

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

Anytime we used my parents' RV to vacation with small children, I called in a "trip" as well. When we began motorcycling (which meant motels and restaurants) and left small children behind, it was "vacation". However, I missed the kids so much that we finally took them along ON CYCLES at ages 14, 17, and 19. THAT WAS THE BEST VACATION!