"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend Wonders - Sunday

(editors note: this is a three part blog - parts 1 and 2 are down below)

Sunday - Oh, Sundays are always hectic. This Sunday was no different as VBS starts tomorrow and I still needed to get some things done. So - while Creed slept - Kady and I did a little last minute shopping and preparations. Then - I decided later that afternoon that I would try out my new pilates video. I have been trying to get into a little better shape lately. After two children, even if you lose the baby weight - the body is just NEVER the same. With swimsuit season just around the corner, it was time to do something. So - I put my video in while the children were busy playing. But, in only a few moments I am surrounded by little helpers. As I am trying to do the wonderful exercises the instructor on the video is doing, I decided that for one - she is WAY to flexible and for two - I am definitely going to look like an idiot by the time this first 10 minutes is up. So - as I am writhing in pain trying to stretch my ab muscles to their limits - my daughter is lying next to me and says - "Oh, this feels good". I just give her a look only a sweaty, out of shape mother can give. Then, I try to do one exercise and find that my body just won't move that way, and again I here a little voice say, "I can do it!" Then this wonderful little voice goes on to say, "You can't do it because your too old!" Ok - I then tell her she is in my way and to MOVE! Then, we are stretching. This part I can do. I am up on my hands and knees stretching my back and I hear this little boy's voice coming closer yelling "RIDE!!" And yes, he hops on my back trying to ride the "horse". OK - so much for getting a little exercise. I learned one very important lesson today. Do NOT try to exercise with two toddlers in the room. It is not going to happen.

Enjoy the pics!!

Kady doing a pilates move! - Oh, it feels so good!
Creed and Kady after we are through "exercising". This is exactly how I feel!
Kady pushing Creed on the swing - he is not liking it!
And here - he is letting her know it!
Cheesy Sunday morning smiles
My beautiful "little" girl!
Grandma got them some bubbles!
More bubble fun (before he dumped out the entire tube)
Kool-aid - a luxury in our house. Kady is showing her satisfaction in her drink and Creed is just letting you know - he did NOT want to come inside!!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Eek, Kool-aid? No way, not in our house! I guess the kids will have to visit Aunt Anita and Uncle Chris for that childhood classic!