"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, June 23, 2008

We are in Some Potty Business


We finally have some success! Creed has been VERY interested in potty training since I started potty training one of the other boys in daycare. He loves to sit on his potty but has not had any success actually going on the potty until this morning. He would start to go in his diaper and say "PEE!!" We would run to the potty and sit FOREVER and no luck and then about 5 minutes after we put his diaper on again, he would yell PEE and we would begin again with the whole ugly process. Well, this morning he finally figured it out and realized how to "try and go potty". He was SO proud of himself! He had to call Kady and all the other daycare kids in to see his wonderful success (they were not quite as thrilled :)) We called daddy and when Chris answered the phone Creed yelled - PEE!


So far it wasn't a one time incident - he has gone a few more times this morning. We will see how we do as the day progresses - but at least we have a little more of the concept down. I would LOVE to get this done and over with and not have to buy diapers quite as often - but I am NOT going to get my hopes up. Kady wasn't potty trained until she was 3 and Creed is not even 2 yet - so we will see what happens.

Update - it is now afternoon and yes - it was premature bliss. Oh well, it is a start!

No comments: