"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, June 19, 2008

The "Big Boy Bed"

Chris took down Creed's crib and set up his toddler bed last night. Kady and I were at church so it was the "men" working alone. Chris said it took twice as long - because he had a little "too much" help - but at least the job is done.


Here is last night. He was all tucked in - but I had to get a picture of him. He was SO excited. He did figure out quickly that it was easy to get in and out of this bed, so daddy sat in his room until he started to drift off - just to "remind" him every so often to STAY in his bed.





Today I learned something else new. He can now reach his light switch VERY easily. So, I am sure it will not be long before we see the lights flickering off and on in the middle of the night.




Creed took ALL the daycare kids in one by one to see his bed today. He would show it to them and say "my bed" and then he would climb in and say "Creed night-night". I snapped one pic as he was demonstrating his "sleeping positions for them". And yes, I am one of those overprotective mothers that put the crib liner around the toddler bed so my little boy would not hurt his head on those hard posts in the middle of the night. Yes, I am pathetic!!


I just had to include this picture! It reminded me of an old man rocking on his porch on a hot summer day!

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

Such CUTE pictures! And, boy am I glad that we didn't purchase two rockers for our patio as we were considering doing last week!! We aren't that OLD yet! Just kidding.