"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Right Combination

I have come to one definite conclusion. God knows exactly what he is doing when He helps us select our life mate. Chris and I have learned each other's strengths and weaknesses and have tried to use both of those to our advantage in our marriage and while raising our kids. That definitely becomes very evident in our house when our children have the stomach flu. Chris and I enjoyed a night out with friends last night - (Thank you Grandma Great and Papa Great for watching the kids!) and came home ready for a good night sleep. (We had a VERY busy day Saturday - I'll post about that later when I have more time). Well, when we stepped in the door - Kady just didn't look so hot. Grandma said she had thrown up, but thought it was because she ate too much and too fast. I was hoping Grandma was right - but unfortunately - she was not. Kady finally quit with the wonderful "sickness coming out both ends" about 4 am. Ok - I was awake - some - in my bedroom. My excuse was I needed to be where I could hear Creed just in case he decided to join in the party. And my wonderful husband - well - he had puke duty. He slept in the living room with Kady and dealt with all the junk (for a lack of more explicit wording), cleaned up the trash can numerous times and even gave Kady a bath in the wee hours when the other end joined the festivities. And poor girl - her mommy cannot even hear the sounds that go along with the stomach flu without gagging!! It's a good thing she is a daddy's girl and has learned that he is her usual partner during this time. Again - God knew what he was doing when He put us together! Thanks hubby!

1 comment:

mindy said...

I’m so sorry to hear Kady had the stomach flu. =( Poor girl! I’ll pray for quick healing and that the rest of you don’t fall victim.