"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firsts

The last couple days we have had many "firsts" in our household.

Yesterday - Kady had her first swim lesson. She loves to go to the pool, but she does NOT like to get her head under the water or too wet. And of course, that is what she is learning. Chris took her and said she was cooperative about 90% of the time. So tonight - we are going to work on doing EVERYTHING the teacher wants her to do. According to her daddy, she has some "trust issues" and needs to work on those. Also - the HOT weather has left for a while and it was COLD in the water. Kady's lips were blue when she got home and her little teeth were still chattering. So, hopefully today will be a little warmer!

Creed also had a "first" yesterday. Thanks to his wonderful cousins who taught him how to "farmer jump" out of the pack and play - he came running to me after his nap yesterday. He had learned to get out of his crib in April - but my dad had "fixed" the crib so the mattress was much lower (about 6 inches from the floor) and he could not get out. Well -so much for that!! He does get out nice and gentle so far - but I really don't want the head and floor to make contact from so high up. So - I think it is time to start cleaning up the toddler bed - I am sure I will have pictures soon. I am just hoping we can get him to stay in it. I am dreading that!!!


And our last "first" - came today. Kady had her first dentist appointment. She has been dreading it for awhile so I expected a little bit of a break down. But no, she was GREAT! Partly due to the way the dentist handled her and also because she is just growing up. She got to wear some cool sunglasses to protect her eyes from the light and the water and she also got to "ride" in the chair. She was SO good and the best news of all is - NO CAVITIES!! I had cavities VERY young and have awful teeth (it's a fam thing) so I was SO glad that she is good so far. Hopefully she will get her daddy's teeth and never have to worry about a cavity. Only time will tell.


One more little tidbit - just a cute thing Kady said today. I was doing her hair to go to the dentist and it was not cooperating. I told her she needed to talk to her hair and tell it to behave!! She turned to look at me and said so seriously - "Mommy, I can't do that - I don't talk hair!" Have a good day!

2 comments:

mindy said...

I love the “I don’t talk hair” story – how cute! Yay for swimming lessons and first dentist appointments! Bummer for jumping out of cribs! =) Luke climbed/fell out of his pack-n-play once and landed smack down on a wooden floor. I thought he broke his wrist, but thankfully it was just sore. Boys are so adventurous! Good luck on the toddler bed – can’t wait to see pics and hear an update!

Honeybee said...

Love the pictures!