"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wet, Wet, and More Wet

It has been a gully washer around here lately. It has rained and rained and then rained some more. Unfortunately, the rain has not come softly. It has come in raging storms and sheets. We have no basement - so we usually find our way to Chris' office and set up camp in that basement when it gets REAL bad. Well - we have been there three times this week alone!! Last night Chris and Creed got to spend some time there while Kady and I spent an hour in the basement of the church with all the other VBS kids. Let's just say that it was nice to have a director that knew LOTS of songs and is spontaneous - she kept them occupied with something the entire time! (Thanks Michelle!!)


After it all cleared - we got our kids to bed, finally - and then another tornado warning comes out. OK - let's all admit it. We all hear the sirens or the warning and think - is it REALLY going to be that bad? Do I really need to get out of this comfy bed? We turn on the TV - check the radar and try to make our own judgement. Well, let's just say my judgement at midnight last night was a little off. I just knew the storm was gonna go north and we were gonna be fine. Well, that didn't happen and so I wake up Chris - he checks the radar and THEN we decide to go to the office. The minute we stepped out the door we were SOAKED!! The wind was blowing the rain so hard I really couldn't even see the van as I carried my blanket clad child to it. I just jumped in Creed's car seat while holding him (don't tell the law) and told Chris to GO!! By the time we got to the office - we were DRIPPING wet and COLD! But - we were safer than before. We soon found out we left our house during the worst part of the storm and should have stayed home. But - better safe than sorry. So - by the time we got home - our children changed into dry clothes - put into bed for the second time around - it was 1 AM. Chris then went out and took a few pics for you - so you could see just how WET it is around here.
Kady got up this morning and the first thing she asked me was when we were going to get a basement. I told her that for us to have a basement we needed to move. She preceded to tell me that was fine and wanted to know when we were moving. I guess she is just as tired of it as we are!!

The view from our front door. The rain water was up to the tree in our front yard and covered the roads and ditches completely.
The view from our driveway. Again - rain water EVERYWWHERE.

This is looking from our fence. Most people don't even know there is a small "creek" in our backyard. We know it is there today!



The view from our backyard to the main road. We were not able to use that road coming home from the office the water was over the road.

No comments: