
I recently received an email from my sister-in-law regarding a family that is desperate need of our prayers. I sent out an email to some of you regarding this situation - but I knew that others read my blog that would also say a prayer for this young child.
I have copied the email sent to me from my sister-in-law so you would know how to pray for Jesse.
A childhood friend of my brothers (and our family) had a baby two months ago, Jesse Elijah Holtman. Today he (Jesse) is at University of Chicago's Children's hospital awaiting a heart transplant and literally fighting for his life. When he was born, everyone thought all was well. Only a week or two into his new little life, things haven't been so well. My purpose of this email is to simply recruit prayer warriors. Nothing more. As a mom, I am struggling with a mixture of emotions, and cannot fathom being in Dan and Elisa's shoes at this moment. What I am NOT struggling with is that I serve a God that is all powerful and is absolute total control of this entire situation. I simply am asking the people I know to come along side me, my family, the Holtmans and lift this little precious baby up in prayer. In their moments of defeat and weakness, my prayer is that the Lord will continue to hold them in His strong arms. Below is a link to Jesse's care pages. His mom, Elisa is a remarkable young woman who continually seeks out the prayers of believers through her posts. Read them. Feel them. And then pray.
http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePagecpn=JesseElijahHoltman&seed=134836&ClusterNodeID=jb06&tlcx1=uchicagokids&tlcx2=3479927
I just received an email from my sister-in-law that said that Jesse's heart pump has failed. They are afraid that he will not be with us much longer. Please say a prayer for this family. I still believe that God can work miracles! And, if God chooses not to answer that prayer, pray that this family will be given a peace that only God can bring.
I have copied the email sent to me from my sister-in-law so you would know how to pray for Jesse.
A childhood friend of my brothers (and our family) had a baby two months ago, Jesse Elijah Holtman. Today he (Jesse) is at University of Chicago's Children's hospital awaiting a heart transplant and literally fighting for his life. When he was born, everyone thought all was well. Only a week or two into his new little life, things haven't been so well. My purpose of this email is to simply recruit prayer warriors. Nothing more. As a mom, I am struggling with a mixture of emotions, and cannot fathom being in Dan and Elisa's shoes at this moment. What I am NOT struggling with is that I serve a God that is all powerful and is absolute total control of this entire situation. I simply am asking the people I know to come along side me, my family, the Holtmans and lift this little precious baby up in prayer. In their moments of defeat and weakness, my prayer is that the Lord will continue to hold them in His strong arms. Below is a link to Jesse's care pages. His mom, Elisa is a remarkable young woman who continually seeks out the prayers of believers through her posts. Read them. Feel them. And then pray.
http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePagecpn=JesseElijahHoltman&seed=134836&ClusterNodeID=jb06&tlcx1=uchicagokids&tlcx2=3479927
I just received an email from my sister-in-law that said that Jesse's heart pump has failed. They are afraid that he will not be with us much longer. Please say a prayer for this family. I still believe that God can work miracles! And, if God chooses not to answer that prayer, pray that this family will be given a peace that only God can bring.
Update - Jesse is in the arms of Jesus now. Please continue to pray for the family as they face some very difficult days ahead. Here is what his mother wrote on the last care page.
Our precious Jesse Elijah (God's gift) went home to be with our Lord today. He is in heaven, dancing, running, jumping, singing, talking...doing all the things he may have not been able to do if he had stayed with us on this earth!

No comments:
Post a Comment