"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, August 13, 2009

The "Small Mountain" Hike

We had promised all the "kids" a hike - just not as long a hike as Long's Peak. But we explained to them that we would have to take a smaller hike than daddy did. So, Creed and Kady kept telling us that we "were going to climb a small mountain, not a big mountain like Daddy". So, Thursday morning we took the kids for a hike. It took Bob and Chris awhile to figure out just where we were going - but we finally decided to take them from Bear Lake to Alberta Falls. It was a 1.8 mile trek round trip. And, the kids did it! Now, Creed had a little help - but Kady and Jonah trekked the whole thing on their own. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful hike. (I use that word a lot to describe Colorado, don't I?)

Jonah and Kady at their first view of river on our hike. They thought this was the falls. They had no idea what they were in for!

Chris, Creed, Jonah, Kady and Bob on one of the many rocks (or boulders) the kids had to climb on along the path.


The kids (with the help of some big men) found their way to the top of the boulder. And yes, they really are up that high!!


The group of hikers (I'm behind the camera).


Bob, Jonah, Chris, Creed, Anita and Kady at the Falls. We made it!


The kids decided we needed to climb the rocks to the top of the Falls. This part was a little scary as there was no "edge" between the rocks and the Falls, but we all made it up and down this trek unharmed. Whew!!!


Kady on the rocks of the Falls.

Creed, Jonah and Kady at the Falls being silly.


Chris and I with the falls in the background.


On our way back down the path, we ran into a chipmunk that was VERY friendly. All the kids had a chance to feed the little critter. This is Kady feeding him a peanut.


Coming back down the path. Notice Creed - he knows how to work hard on a hike! Thankfully Uncle Bob let him ride on his shoulders at this point. I was getting a little tired from carrying him. He is getting to be a big boy! This was also before Kady missed a step and took a rock in the knee and ended up with a VERY messed up hand. Poor thing. I took the rock out on the path, but she's lost a few layers of skin on her hand. But - other than that - we had a great time climbing our "small mountain". We will have to do it again sometime soon!!!

No comments: