I don't know if we actually have guardian angels. I don't know if they are there to keep an eye on us as we go about our daily lives. But, if they do exist, while Creed was cooking in my tummy - God selected a multitude of hardworking, energetic, and faithful angels to watch over Creed. Within the last 24 hours I have watched as Creed's head came one-one hundredths of a millimeter away from slamming into the corner of the deck. I have seen him hang upside down from some play equipment and then decide he can "let go". I have watched him walk right in front of Kady's swing and only receive a slight bruise on his arm. I have caught him climbing on the OUTSIDE of the covered area of the swing set instead of standing on the inside of the platform. I have watched him run full speed off the deck into the wet grass and do a slip and slide across the grass with his face. And yet, with all these mishaps, he is still as impulsive as ever!And yet - I don't doubt that Creed is the only one in this family with an angel assigned to him. I've seen Kady topple down the steps, trip, hit her chin on the wooden coffee table so hard that it could be heard throughout the house, and yet she gets up with only a bruise. There had to be a soft, gentle hand between her and that table! And my husband hits a deer on a motorcycle, is airborne for many feet and lives to talk about it! We have always joked that someday in heaven, we are going to get to watch the video replay of that event and see an angel gently guide him through the air and onto the pavement away from the oncoming motorcycle. So - I don't know if God uses guardian angels to watch over us - but I know, I know He watches over us. My children and husband are living testaments to that fact! I don't believe in luck in life. I believe in God.

No comments:
Post a Comment