There is more pictures I could post - but I will spare you this time! It really was a trip worth every penny. The kids had a great day. (And so did mom and dad)
Friday, August 7, 2009
The North Pole
We took the kids to the North Pole!!! It is an "amusement park" at the base of Pike's Peak and it is just for kids. They have rides for little kids and family rides as well. We had a GREAT day. The kids were SO good and seemed to really enjoy themselves. I think we rode every ride but one (it went too high and too fast for our comfort). And unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you want to look at it), I have pictures from most of those rides. Enjoy!
Kady and Creed and Daddy enjoy their first rollercoaster ride. If you have ever rode on the mine train at Six Flags - this ride was a lot like that. Jerky and fast. But the kids loved it!
Creed begged to ride the space shuttle ride. It is the unforgiving ride that goes up, up, up and then down, down, down. I think that ride did him in - because as he rode with daddy he told him he was going to puke! :) If you look hard, you can see them in the back seat.
Kady wanted to ride the airplane ride and she wanted to ride it ALL BY HERSELF. Luckily I shot this picture before the ride started - because once it started it was fast and high. She was leaning over so far in her little airplane that I was sure she was going to fall to the ground!!! I just kept thinking - hold on tight Kady!!! But - she got off and said - "That was awesome!"
Creed shooting his gun at me as he rode a ride.
They had a few areas where you could feed the animals. And just so you know, they had reindeer but you couldn't feed them or get up close to them. Creed was feeding this little goat. Just this one goat. He sat down and gave him his treat piece by piece. It was SO adorable. It was like it was only him and this goat among all these people.
Creed and Kady riding the spinning tea cups. And yes, they spun out of control!!
Creed riding his motorcycle. This was one of the things on his list that he couldn't wait to do!!
Kady and Creed riding in their sleighs pulled by Santa's reindeer. I know it doesn't look like it - but there seemed to be some G-forces on that ride!
Riding the boat. And yes, that is real water.
The "kid sized" ferris wheel. Notice how they have them caged in! We let them ride this one - but we avoided the large ferris wheel. No cages and no lap bar - just a little belt. Not for our kids!
Kady riding high in her Christmas ornament.
Creed and Daddy in their ornament. You can't tell by this picture - but poor Chris was shoved in that little ornament. It's a good thing he is such a good daddy!
Kady riding Vixen on the merry-go-round.
A family picture in front of the North Pole sign. You can't really see it because we are blocking it - but there is a frozen pole behind us. It is ice and remains ice all year round. Don't know how they do it - but it was neat to touch and see.
The sky ride. This is as tall as it looks. Kady and Chris are in the car in front of us.
An up close picture on the sky ride. Just to let you know how "safe" the ride was. The black lap belts were covered in black duct tape! Hopefully nothing else on the ride was fixed with duct tape!!! :)
Creed and mommy on the cars. I told him to wave at daddy and he said - "But mommy I'm driving!" (I didn't have the heart to tell him the cars drove themselves!)
Kady driving her own car! She thought it was so neat that she could ride many of the rides all by herself!
Kady and Creed on the rocket ship. Once they realized they could push this button inside and make the ship go up in the air - they were flying high.
Creed riding his motorcycle. He was really into this ride!
This was the first and the last ride of the day! You want to know why they crammed all three of them in one little car instead of two and two. Let me tell you why. This "little ride" spun around QUICKLY forwards and then went backwards!!! There was no way once I saw it going backwards. But my kids loved it!
And, the best part of the day. Kady got to visit Santa. (Creed just looked from a distance) She asked me later (while on a ride) why Santa looked so different this year. I explained that this is the REAL Santa. I told her that he is here at the North Pole all year round seeing kids and working and that he has helpers that dress up each year to find out what the other little boys and girls (that cannot get to the North Pole to see him) want. She processed that for a few minutes and seemed to be OK with that. I know that someday that magic will fade - but I hope to keep her young and innocent for a little while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment