"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long's Peak

Chris and his "crew" made it safely to the summit of Long's Peak and back. Since I was not on this hike (and had no desire to be) I'll post a few pictures now and see if Chris can post some stories later.

This is at Boulder Field in the morning. That IS a cloud you are seeing below the sunrise. Is that not cool??
The guys making the trek up to the keyhole. Brad is in back, then Bob, then Uncle Steve and then Bill. Obviously Chris is in the back taking the picture.

This is a view of the little hut that Chris and his dad spent quite awhile in last year, waiting out the storm. This year, they visited and left without incident. :)


Chris, Bob, Uncle Steve, and Brad on the summit of Long's Peak.



Making the decent back down the mountain. If only they had a heli-pad at the top with a waiting helicopter that would take you down! Then, I might try it!

No comments: