"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fun in the Mountains

We are having a great time in the mountains. Just kind of taking it easy and enjoying a little R and R. The kids have enjoyed a few playgrounds, some water, and of course ride-a-kart. Instead of me just telling you what we did - here are a few pics of the fam in Colorado!


Kady and Creed enjoying a much needed ride on their bikes after we arrived in Colorado. I love this picture just because I love seeing the mountains in the background!


Creed and Kady wanted to stop at the "river" on Big Thompson Canyon. The water was COLD - but they just had to have a feel!


Kady and Creed at Big Thompson Canyon. It was a little work getting them up on the rock without getting in the water, but it sure was worth this awesome picture!!


One of our favorite places to go in Colorado is the ride-a-kart. It has go-karts, bumper cars, bumper boats, batting cages, trampolines, water wars, mini-golf and even a little train ride for the little ones. As you can tell by the picture, it was all out war when it came to this family on the bumper cars!



Kady had ONE wish when we went to Estes this year. She wanted to get on the x-treme trampoline. She has finished her "homework book" for the summer and this is what she requested as her reward. This is when she first started off and I have to admit - I wasn't sure she was going to keep going. Her eyes and face showed it all!!! She was SO scared - but she kept jumping.


Here she goes a little higher. (This was not as high as she got! I have video of that and will get that on another post. You want want to miss that - Bill and I took a turn too!)



The go-karts! As you can tell, I am getting passed, yet again. Creed is riding with Uncle Bob and Chris and Kady are in the car behind! It was FUN (even though we did a little bumping)





Riding the bumper boats. This is Creed's reward for being potty trained. We told him a few weeks ago that if he was wearing underwear by the time we got to CO he could ride the bumper boats. As you can see, he earned his reward. He wanted to ride with Grandpa, Kady is riding with Chris, Jonah and Bob are in the yellow boat, and I am alone in the red boat. We had a BLAST! There was NO holding back when it came to ramming each other and getting wet!
Chris is climbing up Twin Sisters this morning and the kids and I are enjoying some down time. Right now they are fixing up a spaceship out in the yard to play in! Hope you all are having a good week! I'll post more as the week goes on!

No comments: