"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Sleepless Night

We made it safely to Colorado. We left our house a little after 8 pm after I had to go back a for a few things :) We put a movie in for the kids and started off! They were too excited to sleep just yet. We got down the road, topped off the gas tank, took a potty break and then headed out again. And before too long (about 100 miles down the road) I heard Chris blurt out something in disgust and quickly slow down. I just assumed we had a flat tire but instead Chris told me he had forgotten his backpack. And not just his backpack - but his backpack that was full of all of his hiking gear and supplies. We turned around, made a few phone calls and then his MIL suggested sending it with Chris' aunt who will be flying in on Monday. She was more than happy to do so (Thanks Aunt Pam) and we turned around and headed back West.
I want you to know - the conversation that ensued next took AWHILE to happen. It was quiet first, then, I heard my husband say "I can't believe I gave you such a hard time for having to go back to the house to get something before we even left town and here I forgot the ONE thing I should have remembered". I knew this was safe to say at this moment, so I had to add "And the ONLY bag you packed!!!" And by morning - it was quite comical - just not at 10:30 last night!
The rest of the night was quite uneventful, thankfully. The kids slept and Chris drove. I was in and out most of the night. What just cracked me up is we stopped at a gas station to go to the restroom or to get gas and the kids would wake up and talk to us like it was the middle of the morning and then before we knew it - they were out again! It was all those prayers that were going up!!
So - now once we get a good nights sleep tonight - we will be ready to go in the morning! But I got to admit - the view is beautiful as always! God sure knew what he was doing when he created these mountains! More updates coming soon!

No comments: