"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tea Parties, Rock Concerts and SLEEP!!

Well - since last week things have slowed down quite a bit and we have been "not so busy" around here lately. I am trying to deal with the problem of having too many kids at Caravan and not enough helpers - but that is a good problem to have! Chris keeps telling me that I spend every night at church - which unfortunately, has been pretty true lately. But - now that things have started, we should have a few less nights at church and a lot more nights at home. Although - this last week - I have pretty much wanted to stay at church and away from home. Chris and Creed both came down with the stomach flu on Sunday night. And I survived!!! I have yet to get sick - but I know the inevitable will come. Other than disinfecting toys, door knobs, light switches, bathrooms, kitchens, and basically EVERYTHING in the house, we have taken it pretty easy around here.

However we have managed to do a few things - which of course I took pictures to share with you!!


Kady and Creed wrangled daddy into having a tea party with them. You can tell he is less than thrilled. He should be glad they didn't have a "princess" tea party complete with dresses, tiaras, jewerly, and shoes!



Creed decided he would have a "picnic" with some of the other daycare kids.

Kady serenading the daycare kids this morning. She LOVES to sing!

Creed had to join in the fun as well! I don't have a picture of it for you - but soon after he got out the guitar and started "jamming" away!

This is Creed lately. He has been taking some LONG afternoon naps. And yes, sometimes he even chooses to take them on his floor. As far as I am concerned, it is a nap (and a break) no matter where it is taken!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys gotta quit getting sick so much. no more puke fest in the shotts house please.

Erica said...

Gotta love long afternoon naps. SL used to sleep on the floor in Hawaii. I never minded but BL did. Go figure. SL still will choose the floor over his bed every now and then. Crazy boy...

Honeybee said...

Such adorable pictures! Yes, even the 3-person tea party. They will remember what a good sport daddy was.