"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, September 19, 2008

Prayers

Creed has started to say "Big Boy" Prayers at night. Last night - his prayer went like this - "God is great, God is good - thank you for this day. Thank you for rain, mommy, daddy, sissy. Thank you for church and no monster - just ladder". To understand how cute that prayer is - let me explain. Last week they did some painting in the children's department at church. I HAD to get a few things done - so I took the kids with me and told them not to touch anything! We were downstairs and as we rounded a corner there was a large, paint-spotted drop cloth hanging in the air (so it seemed). Creed immediately covered his eyes with both hands (as though he was then hidden) and said - "Momma, monster, monster" As always, the kids were faster than I was rounding the corner so I had to "catch up" to find out what he was referring to. I soon discovered that what he was seeing was a tall ladder that had a dropcloth hanging over it. I pried his hands off of his eyes long enough to have him see that it was a ladder underneath. It was so cute that a few days later - he was "thanking jesus" that this was not a monster!



Kady also is into "Big Girl" Prayers. Last night she woke up in the wee hours of the morning to use the restroom. Chris got up with her and she told him she was having bad dreams. After the facilities were used - Chris walked her back to her room and he said she just stood by the door for a minute. So - he went in with her and sat on her bed. She asked him how to make the dreams go away. Chris told her that when he has a bad dream or is scared, he prays. He explained that Jesus does not want us to be afraid. Soon, he saw Kady clasp her hands together. He stayed with her until she told him it was "ok" to go back to bed.

I know that many parents teach their children to pray. I am not a person that likes to pray in public. However, I WANT my children to know that God wants us to talk to Him. He wants us to share our lives with Him. I teach my children, my daycare children, and the kids at church that God deserves respect - BUT we can talk to Him just like we talk to one of our friends. He is our best friend! All He is asking for is a simple conversation. My prayer is that my children will continue to trust in the Lord. That they will go to HIM in the good times and in the bad times. That He will be not only their Savior, but their best friend as they go through life.

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

God bless all you young parents who are raising children in this crazy world! The trust of a child (Kady & bad dreams) is such a beautiful thing.