"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, September 18, 2008

Procrastination

This is one of those days. I need to do SO much - but I am just procrastinating. I thought, while the kids are down for nap and before school gets out - I will check email. That in turn leads to reading the blogs I follow, which then leads me to checking out facebook. Then - something on the "news" page catches my eye, so I read that article. Then, after I have exhausted all my procrastination moments - I decided that I would bore you with this blog and do a little more procrastinating. And now - I must go do everything else that should not be put off until tomorrow!
And just so you don't feel slighted - (yes, more procrastination) - a cute Kady story. Out of the blue, she asked "Do babies come out of their mommies tummies with clothes on?" I explained, "No, they come out naked." She then asked, "Do they have a diaper on?" I again told her, "No, they come out completely naked - no diaper, no anything." She then asked, "Did Creed pee on you when he came out with no diaper?" I told her, "No, I don't think so, but I couldn't see Creed or you (Kady) right away". This lead to more questions, "Why Not?" (I should have seen that one coming!) I explained that "when mommy had you and Creed they had a sheet made up like a little tent in front of my face so I could not see the doctor working on my tummy." (I am thanking God at this point for having two c-sections so the question and answer session could not get too detailed!) She said, "OK" - but I knew the discussion was far from over. She came back in the room with a baby picture of Creed. Actually, Creed's first picture. The one parents shoot right as the child appears in the world from their cozy little womb - when they still look like an alien and are all slimy and icky! Kady looked at me and said "Mommy, Creed had something on in this picture. I told you he was born with clothes, white ones, you just couldn't see them because of your tent!" I decided that we would not go into any more honest mother daughter moments at that point. She was satisfied and that was good enough for me!

No comments: