"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, September 5, 2008

The Mind of a 2 Year Old

My son never ceases to amaze me and make me smile. He can be so frustrating at times and the next minute he is unbelievably adorable!! We were playing in his room yesterday and he was "tooting" up a storm. (That's our word of choice around here). I told him that he was full of gas. He looked at me and said, "Mama, me no have gas. Van has gas. Daddy put gas in the van - not me." I had to laugh!! I couldn't even try to explain what I was saying to him.
Then, last night we were praying at bedtime. We have always done the traditional, "Now I lay me down to sleep..." with our kids, but we have been working with Kady on saying a "big girl" prayer. So, last night she wanted to pray "Dear Jesus ..." as we call it around here. She prayed and then Creed wanted to "pray like Kady". He wanted to repeat me so I said "Dear Jesus" and he said "Yep". I said "Thank you for today" and he said "yep". We went on a few more sentences and he also said "yep". It was like he was saying - "Yep God, what mommy said". It was really cute.
Then - this morning Kady asked if I was going to pick her up from school today. I told her I was going to try to. She joking told me that I had to give her a piggy back ride like daddy does everyday. I told her that was something daddy did with her and that probably was not going to happen when mommy picked her up. Creed looked at me and said "Mommy no pig - mommy, mommy". Kids are SO literal!!!

No comments: