"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, September 7, 2008

From Mudpies to Two Wheels

This weekend has been so nice outside. Friday night was SO nice that we donned our jackets and headed to the local ice cream shop for Ice Cream. Yes, it is quite a walk/ride - but it is ALWAYS worth it! They have great ice cream! Kady rode her bike, Chris rode his and I pulled Creed in the wagon.
Yesterday was just a great day as well! The weather was nice, so the kids just wanted to be outside. Chris had to go to Naz Acres in the early AM for some work - so the kids and I slept in a little - Yeah!!! and then took our time getting ready for the day. I haven't sat down and watched cartoons with my kids in my pjs for a long time - so it was a nice way to start the day. We ran some errands and then decided we would get a walk in before lunch. This was a VERY interesting walk. Creed wanted to push his little lawn mower while we walked. This was fine with me. It would keep him a little more occupied and less distracted. Well - we were headed along the sidewalk and the kids were in the lead. Before I knew it - Creed was gone - at least the bottom half of him. I could see his head, chin and chest - but the rest of him just "disappeared". He had fallen into a hole made from the recent rains we had. He was SHOCKED! You should have seen his eyes! He crawled out quickly and was rather upset. He just kept saying, "Me fall in hole mommy, me fall in hole!!" I examined him from head to toe and found he had quite a "gash" on his leg. Since I had no idea what was in the hole that made this wonderful bloody mark on his leg, I told Kady we were heading home to clean it up and then we could head out again. Well - we were good until we made it through the door. My son wanted nothing with cleaning up the blood pouring down his leg. But, I knew that it HAD to be cleaned. So - after much restraining and screaming, I got the peroxide down the leg and cleaned off and we were off for more of an adventure. On our second walk - (Yes, we did venture out again) - we were so rudely interrupted by this little pincher dog. He was NOT a very nice dog. This thing is like 4 inches tall and barks with a yip and was gonna try and eat my children!! What was he thinking!?! I love dogs - we have had two in our house - but no dog is gonna cause any damage to my children!! So - I stared it down and told it to find someone else to eat and eventually it did back off. It even appeared later in the day, but this time - it was walking with a limp and was very kind. I think maybe someone set it straight a little differently than I did.

Anyway - once walk number two was completed we headed home for lunch. After lunch Creed and I both drifted off into dreamland. I have not had a nap in a LONG time and just wanted a little shut eye. Kady and Chris had gone outside. Chris was hitting golf balls and Kady was just playing. Before long I heard Chris telling her "Good Job" or "That was awesome" so I assumed that he was teaching her how to swing the club. I drifted off for a few minutes and soon heard Creed roaming around the house. He had NOT slept long enough, but he was ready to be up. I just laid there listening to his little footsteps - hoping he would soon head back to his bed. Nope, soon he came in my room - looked right at me (I had my eyes closed) and whispered , "Mommy sleeping - SHH" He then turned around, took one step, and screamed at the top of his lungs - "Kady, Daddy where are you???" Out of bed I came. (He tried, he really did).

We put our shoes on and headed outside to find Kady riding her bike in the backyard. Not an uncommon sight, but then I noticed she was riding without her training wheels. And SHE was riding without any help when I happened to peer out! I was quite impressed. Come to find out all those "Good jobs" I was hearing was Chris teaching Kady how to ride on two wheels. She was SO proud of herself and actually was doing really well for a beginner. She did great in the backyard and then we decided to hit the hard road out front. We put tennis shoes, capris, and our bicycle helmet on - knowing the inevitable was coming. Chris even gave her the "everyone falls off their bike, but the important thing is to get back on" speech. She did very well. She is not as confident on the "real road" but she is doing well for only about 45 minutes of practice. She did not want to admit it after a about an hour, but she was getting tired. So after a few "discussions", we went inside. Or should I say, Daddy and Kady went inside. Creed decided that the water at the bottom of the "small hill" in our front yard looked really interesting. Ok - let's just be honest - it is muddy, dirty rain water in the ditch in our front yard and it was SO inviting to a 2 year old little boy. So - he hopped right in. Soon, he was running up the hill and jumping right down into the mud! He was having a BLAST! I had to tell myself quite a few times - "they grow up so fast.... he is a little boy, he is supposed to do this kind of thing ..... a little dirt doesn't hurt .... he will wash - so will the clothes - the shoes - they are old and outgrown anyway ..." So - he played for quite a while and then it was time to hose him down!! This he loved. He ran around the yard going "Nah, Nah, Boo, Boo, Can't catch me" (where did he hear that anyway?) I finally got him hosed off enough and then the fit began. Remember, I told you he had not had a good nap. Well - this is where the evidence of that started. He screamed for the entire neighborhood to hear as I drug him and then carried him (yes, I am now filthy too) to the back deck so I could strip him down privately (like he would care - he'd run outside naked if we let him - Are you wondering if we have? Not telling) Anyway - we finally got him unclothed and inside in the bath. He had dirt everywhere!! I think I rinsed his nose and eyes out a million times!! But - he had fun and that is what matters. I have decided that kids are kids. They are supposed to have fun, get dirty, be messy, discover, learn, and love life. I need to learn so much more from my kids! I need to have more fun, let the house get messy and not worry about it, discover new things, learn new things and I especially need to enjoy and love life more! It goes by SO quickly and I don't want to miss a second of it - especially the part I get to share with the family God has so graciously given to me!!

Kady and Creed enjoying Saturday Morning Cartoons on Disney Channel!





Kady starting off for another go on her bike - daddy giving her a push start.

Kady is off and running - daddy is still holding on to the back.

Notice the hand is removing itself from the back of the seat -and she is still going!

Kady riding - all on her own!! You go girl!



Kady riding on the road. As you tell, the balancing was quite an issue on the road, but we are getting there. Practice makes perfect, right?

Creed getting nice and dirty in his "mud bath"



Not too bad here - just a little muddy. Hey, people pay big bucks to get as muddy as this!!

And just a few more jumps!!

I love this picture! I say this should just be his 2 year old pictures! This is what he looks like most of the time anyway!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute, they are growing up too fast. Pam

Erica said...

Eww, I don't do mud. Good thing our guys know that! It was fun teaching the kids to ride the two-wheeler. SL still isn't interested in learning but I'm okay with that.

Honeybee said...

These sweet pictures make me so homesick to squeeze them! Be home around the 17th or 18th, I think.