"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rambling Stories

Nothing too exciting has happened around here the last few days - however, our kids have kept up their antics and given me a few things to write about. Let me begin by saying that at this moment - Kady is laying on the couch with trash can in hand. This is an improvement from yesterday when she was sitting on the toilet with trash can in hand. And she is such a good sick little girl. She ALWAYS seems to find the trash can or toilet and can pretty much do it on her own now. She just likes daddy there for moral support. This will show you how big she is getting, yesterday afternoon she was starting to get sick and looked at me and said "Mommy, you might want to leave the room, I am going to get sick". OK - who was the parent in that room! :) I am just glad she is starting to understand that mommy cannot handle the whole "stomach flu" thing. But - I also know that since she has started school that this will probably not be a "one time a year thing" anymore, until her immunity builds up a little more.
Ok - on to some more uplifting (and not so disguisting) stories.
Kady came home from school and was SO excited to tell us she had made a friend. I asked her what her name was and she told me, "I don't know, she hasn't told me it" She then told me her friend was in another class and went on to say "I don't know how old she is, but I beat her at a race so she is probably not older than me, and I don't know what color her hair is, but she is my friend". I had to smile - I guess that is what a 4 year old considers a friend.
The next day Kady came home from school and was excited to show us the book she had received for reading books in her Reading Program. Creed was upset and was wanting his own book. Kady went and found a book around the house for Creed, went to him and said, "Creed, this is your book from school, let's read it." It made my heart smile to see how loving and caring she had been towards her brother. Now, if only we could bottle that and pull that out when needed! :)
On to Creed - his biggest thing lately is that he wants to do EVERYTHING himself. Try and help him get dressed in the morning and he says "Me do it myself". Try and wash his hair and he says, "Me do it myself". Now, don't get me wrong. I am GLAD that he wants to be independent, but there are just a few things in life he is going to have to let mommy and daddy help him with. I have had to pick my battles - but when it comes to changing a poopy diaper or putting diaper rash cream on - that is not a "me do it myself" job and the battle begins. Now, if he could just want to do the whole potty training thing "myself" as much as everything else, that would not be such an issue.
The last thing to discuss is a phrase that we have outlawed at our house. It is only two words, but I am TIRED of hearing them!!! Kady started this whole business by telling me "I know" when I told her she needed to do something or when she was in the "Attitude Mode" (as I like to call it). Well - Creed loves to repeat EVERYTHING his big sister does, so last week Creed started telling me "I Know". And surprisingly enough, he knew how to use those words correctly and with attitude. So, after a few days of reminding both of them we do not say that to adults - I decided at dinner one night I had had enough. I politely told my children if I heard them say "I know " again they would lose a toy out of their room for a few days. I know Creed is young for that - but it was worth a try. Well - he decided to see if mommy was true to her word and so that evening he said those two magical words to me. And you know what - I took a toy out of his room and he was devastated. But yet - it happened again. And yes, another toy found it's way to mommy's room. The next day Kady said "I Know" to Creed so Creed went into her room, got a toy off the floor and put it on my bed. And you know what - I have not heard the words "I know" in this house since that moment!!! Time outs and spankings have lost their motivation - but the whole losing the privilege, toy, etc. is working for now. (We will see how long that lasts!)
I have rambled enough. I will let you get back to your busy lives and I to mine. I am sure there will be a "mommy I need you" coming soon!!! Have a good day and remember the sacrifice thousands made a few years ago today. It will never be forgotten.

No comments: