"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, May 12, 2008

Wild Weekend

We had a fun, yet exhausting weekend. It all started on Thursday night. Kady and I went to see "Backyardigans Live" in Bloomington. We made it there - just in time! She was amazed. She just sat on my lap (since the people in front of us were standing on their chairs - how rude!!) and watched. She was VERY interactive with the characters and was an expert at holding up her "shield" to help protect the backyardigans from the dragon or any other menace they found. It was so cute and fun (they added a little adult humor in there for us so we did not get bored). When we left she was full of questions and many of her own 4 year old statements. "Mom, I didn't know that there would be people inside those costumes." And "Do they live there on that stage?" and "I think Curious George was the stagehand pulling up and down the curtains" and whatever else popped into her head. It was a quite "chattery" ride home. (And very one sided as well)



Kady with her Shield before the show started.

You can just see the excitement in her eyes!

That night we spent the night at my mom and dad's and went up to Bob, Melanie, and Jonah's house on Friday. The kids played outside, inside, downstairs, under beds, in closets - basically they had fun. Then Friday night we met Keith, Crystal, Olivia and Savannah for supper. Then back to Bob and Melanie's for the evening. Saturday - I got my Mom's day gift a little early and got to go shopping at Kohl's without children!! It was wonderful. I could spend as long as a I wanted to looking at something with no little hands tugging on my shirt or any little feet wondering off. I even was able to try a few things on for myself. Oh - what joy!!! Creed riding on Aunt Melanie's wheels. "Bob, ride" was all he had to say!!

Kady, Jonah, and Creed "resting"
Kady and Jonah playing under the bed.




Creed found some new wheels.


After a few dollars spent and a few more hours of playing, we headed back to my mom and dad's to surprise my mom for mother's day. Keith and Crystal were already making a surprise visit and we just invited ourselves as well. It was Uncle Keith's idea to go to the park where it was WINDY and COLD - which we reminded him of often. But - the kids had fun!!!



Creed never did lose his lunch on the merry-go-round - but it sure looks like he could.

On Sunday we headed home after the "men" grilled out for us. We made a detour to P Hill so we could surprise Chris' mom for Mother's Day as well. Then, finally, we made it home! Late, exhausted, and worn out - but it was home.



Just a bonus pic - daddy is SO proud of his little boy's choice of attire.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since two of our children live too far away to visit on special days, your coming unexpectedly was so wonderful! Thanks much. I know you all had to be very tired.