Let me preface this blog by saying - this will be a complaining mother's blog. She is tired, worn out and literally exhausted. My first child did not sleep through the night EVER until she was 18 months old and then did not really continually sleep through the night until she was 2. And now - she still gets up at least once a night to go potty or just complain that she is cold, etc. So - I am sleep deprived for YEARS already. Then - my wonderful son came along. He is a better sleeper than Kady - but is still up quite a few times some nights. Especially when his allergies are acting up or he just decides he wants to get back at his parents and this is one way to do it. Which leads me to:
Why is it kids get sick at night and only at night? They play all day and then at night when everyone is exhausted they decide now is the time to start puking, coughing, snotting, running a extremely high fever, etc. It is like they just wait until the doctor's office has closed and then decide to start showing all the signs of sickness. Now, don't get me wrong - I love my children and money is no option when it comes to their health - But a small copay for a doctor visit or a large payment to take them to the ER always comes in to mind when these wonderful events occur. (Here in hickville, we have no urgent care center, by the way) You are up at night wondering - is my child really ill or is this just a ploy to deprive mom of sleep so she will give in a little more tomorrow because she is SO tired. Warning to child - if this is your thought - this could backfire on you and mom may be SO tired that she is beyond grouchy and even walking in the wrong direction could set her off. OK - I know that is not the thought in their head at 1, 2, or even 3 in the morning - but lots of thoughts run through my head when I roll out of bed for the thousandth time in one night. Many, I will not post because I know you will all look at me very differently - I will just say that I NEED my sleep.
OK - enough complaining. I just thought I would say it for all the moms out there that want the sympathy and don't get it - and for all the grandparents out there that are laughing saying - "I paid my dues and I'm SO glad it is not me". (We know you are thinking - "Yeah, paybacks", just admit it!!!:))
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment