Creed getting a belly full before we begin our project.
The box - most people would stop there - but NO not us!!
Chris showing off his carpentry skills - notice the "oh so attractive" tool belt.
However, it was minus the "crackage view" that normally follows.
Chris has finished the posts and starts on the roof supports.
We wore Creed out so much that he fell asleep sitting up!!!
Kady with her beautiful bump on her head. Oh, and also the roof supports are up.
The roof is getting started. For those of you that care, that is deck board.
Kady (still with the "bump" on her head) helping stretch out the landscape fabric for the flooring. OK - Kady and I measured it - so of course it was too small when we went to put it in the floor!!!
Again - I am not good at all this construction stuff.
And measuring - well, Chris could tell you a few stories I am sure!!
Chris on the phone again. Do you know how hard it is to get anything done in this house between the kids and the phone!!
Too bad you can't put the kids on silent. :)
Enjoying the "almost" finished project. Unfortunately, we still have to sand it, seal it, lay the floor and then add the sand.
But it is looking good. (I meant the people, not the sandbox!!)
Kady and Creed needed a little excitement.
Yes, they are supervised. And yes, we are going to pay for this later.
The sandbox has been placed and the water sealant is on. WHEW!!! Now, the wait until tomorrow.
(Try telling that to your 2 and 4 year old when they thought they were going to jump right in!!)
The next day. The sand is here. All 24 bags - Yes, that is correct. You need at least 24 wonderful bags of play sand to fill a 6' x 6' sandbox.
I know - you are all saying, why not just call someone and have them dump some sand - I wanted the play sand! Lots of reason - the biggest is I need to keep the daycare license I have!
It took Creed awhile to get in the sand - but he finally decided it might not be so bad.
And the fun begins. Finally - after quite a few hours of work, a few splinters, no blood or band-aids, a few sunburns (adults only), and a lot of fun together. Now is the time to play.
Now, if we could only get Creed to understand that the sand stays in the sandbox, does not need to be placed on anyone else's head, and that the tricycle does not belong in the sandbox -
We should be good.
OK - one last minute addition. We decided after we got everything in and had played for awhile that we needed to add a few seats.
So - again my husband whipped out his trusty saw and cut some seats.
Are you jealous ladies!!! :)

3 comments:
Looks good! I am sure the kids will spend many hours playing in it and you will spend many hours getting the sand out of their hair and clothes!!! Nice job!
Wow! I am jealous. Great job!
I can NOT believe my eyes WOW Chris I am SOOOOOOOO impressed I didn't know you knew how to do things like that maybe you can teach me.
Bryan
Post a Comment