"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Saturday, August 2, 2008

We Have Arrived

After a short jaunt this morning - we have arrived in Colorado. The kids were WONDERFUL for this part of the trip which made it go a lot quicker. We got to CO and Creed and Kady immediately went to find the toys and games. Grandma S had gone to a few garage sales and picked up some new toys and games so Kady was elated. Chris and I were just happy to be here safely and to see the mountains again. We had to admit to ourselves that if we could escape away to the mountains - we would in a heartbeat! (But doesn't everyone feel that way?) I'll post a few pics so you can see what we have been up to, but before I do I have to just allow you a few smiles from some comments our kids have made.

We saw a group of guys rock climbing and one of them had his shirt off. Kady made sure to point that out to us and I said yes, wasn't that cool (meaning the rock climbing). She said, "No mommy, a man without his shirt on is just gross!" I hope she feels that way for MANY years!!

Creed and Kady ready to go swimming in the pool at the hotel.

This is how my son kept himself occupied at the hotel. He took EVERY tissue out of the container and put it into the cooler. Then, he tried to stuff them all back into the container. The look of disgust on his face, lets you know he is not pleased with the outcome.

We were about an hour down the road this morning when Creed said he needed to go pee. No, he is not potty trained but he does not WANT to go in his diaper when in the car. Yes, I know this means he is ready for potty training, but vacation and potty training does NOT go together - so we will start that chapter when we get home. ANYWAY - this is what it looked like for MILES when my son got to screaming and crying and wanting to get out. So - we got out and walked up and down the road for awhile. It was only 100 degrees outside at the time. (Literally)

We saw that there was a little shade under an overpass on our deserted road. Chris let the kids climb up slant, but it was too steep to come down. So, daddy helped them down. Notice their feet are not touching the ground.

Soon after our stop - Creed drifted off into dreamland. Now, someone tell me why he would sleep at 9:30 am this morning, but not at 3 am the morning before! Go figure!

Soon after we arrived in Estes Park, Kady and Grandma went down to look at some elk. They came back and Kady and I headed down with the camera. Here she is posing with the elk. She is in the middle of the road because I did not want her to get too close to the little varmits.

Okay - I told my child to not get too close - but I choose to do my own thing. I went down again without Kady (only a short trek) and got a little bit closer to our friends. I really wanted to reach out and touch them - just to say I did - but I am not gutsy enough in my old age.

After supper we headed down to the playground near downtown. I think this is why Kady loves to come to Estes Park so much. She loves getting to go to the playground almost everyday while we "shop" downtown she gets to play!

No comments: