"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School!!! (with a few extra pics for your enjoyment!)

Kady was anxiously awaiting the bus today. She got up EARLY and was ready to get dressed and have lunch (she goes in the afternoon) and wait for the bus! After a LONG morning - the bus finally came!! Kady was SO excited. There was not even a moment of looking back when she went to get on the bus. (So, no good picture moment either!) Chris had to basically hold her back so she didn't run out in front of the bus! How many of us are that excited about going to school or work now??? Oh - to be young and enjoy life so much more again!!!
Kady waiting for the school bus to arrive. Notice the HUGE smile on her face! We were hoping she would come home with the same smile!
Kady getting on the bus and again - notice - no looking back.
Kady arriving home from school. And yes, the smile is still there! She told me she had fun and was ready to go back tomorrow!!! (Not that she has a choice, but she doesn't know that!!)

Kady telling her friends at daycare about her first day at school. Notice the shirt - this is her Pre-K shirt she gets to wear on field trips, etc. She has been dying to wear this shirt since her teacher brought it a few weeks ago - but I made her wait until today. What a mean mommy I am.

Now - just a few more pictures since I have been pretty lazy about posting pics since we got back from Colorado.


Creed and a daycare friend watching the bus come to get Kady. Creed was SO excited to see the bus! I decided that today was not the day to take him out to meet it with Kady, but we will do that some day.




Creed playing Mancala (at least he thinks he is) with another daycare friend.


Kady's latest creation - she cut up construction paper and used glitter glue and the pieces to make her name. Now - for a four year old - I think that is pretty good. Maybe that is just the mommy in me talking.



Kady and Creed enjoying a picnic "late night" snack in their pjs.




I just love this pic!!!



Creed enjoying some fun in the sand.




Kady and Creed decided they needed more water in the sand. This was probably the only time they worked together the whole afternoon without arguing - so I had to get a picture.


Awnry - isn't he?




Just to show you how MESSY of an eater my son is!! I have decided that a swivel sweeper was invented for mothers like me.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Happy First Day of School!!!! We are t minus two days. I'm not sure who's more excited, the kids or me... I'm betting on me!