"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, August 17, 2008

Remembering ...

This blog is for me tonight. I am sitting here in the wee hours of the morning remembering a wonderful friend. Today (or yesterday now) is her birthday - at least the birthday we on earth celebrate. However, there is no celebration this year. This year she is celebrating a birthday in heaven. And I bet the party is more than we can imagine.
Judy was one of my youth leaders growing up - but more than that she was my friend. She was with me through many of those teenage ups and downs and then later, during college she was a support. She would send letters with encouraging words - always when I needed it most. Then, when I became a wife and a mother - she was never more encouraging. Although it could be weeks or months inbetween, I always looked forward to seeing her. I don't think I ever had a chance to tell Judy the impact she had on my life. Not only emotionally, but spiritually.
Today - through the sadness of losing a friend - I need to remember, actually we all do - that life is so very fragile. God gives us wonderful people in our lives. Some, we have just a moments time with, others spend an entire chapter in our lives, and still others are lifetime friends. We need to remember to not take these people for granted and remember the blessings God has poured out on us through each of these individuals. That is how Judy would have wanted it. That was the person she was - she always had that "Christ-like attitude" we all strive to obtain. Today - Judy, I hope you are enjoying a chocolate sundae which I am sure is marvelous in heaven!!!

No comments: