Well, it was a later night than expected Wednesday night (I think I crawled in bed about 2 am) so the adults around here were all exhausted come 6 AM when Creed decided it was time to wake up. Chris and I dragged him into bed with us hoping to keep him quiet for a few more minutes so everyone else could get just a little more sleep.
After everyone woke up and we slowly dragged ourselves around - we went back up to the trail head of Long's Peak to get Bill and Linda's car. We had left it there the night before due to unforeseen circumstances and had gone to got it this morning. It was nice because I actually got to enjoy the scenery this time instead of trying to drive through the dark in the rain. It is really beautiful up there and Chris has some GREAT pictures to prove it. (Luckily the camera withstood the rain and we have some good pics from before the wrath on the mountain began!)
Anyway - then we went to a farmer's market and McDonald's for lunch. The kids and I ran over to the fountains to play and ended up finding some ducks that Creed decided needed to be pet. They did not allow this - of course - but it was very comical when he found out they were not going to be a willing participant in his plan.
After getting Creed down for a much needed nap, Chris and I headed down the canyon to Loveland. We needed diapers and also wanted to just get a little time away from the kids! We did a little bit of shopping. We were amazed how quickly we could get in and out of every store without having to unbuckle kids from carseats, get them out of the car, make sure they are not running in front of any vehicles in the parking lot, dragging them from the parking lot to the store, making sure they are not destroying anything in the store, calming the meltdown when they find out they are leaving the store empty handed, getting them back to the car, buckling them up in the carseat amist protest and then listening to themt ask a billion times, "Are we there yet?". We then came home to enjoy a night in so we could go to bed early. As soon as we walked in the door Creed said something about mommy and daddy buying diapers! OOPS! That was why we went - huh? So off to the grocery store I ran. Oh well, just chalk it up to old age and complete exhaustion. I am heading to bed soon and I know we are all hoping for a good night sleep.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad to hear that Chris and Uncle Bill are ok! That must have been scary. I hope you’re all able to catch up on your rest!
Post a Comment