Friday, August 22, 2008
School Days, School Days ....
Kady had her "Open House" for her Pre-K class this morning. Chris was nice enough to take her and our neighbor who will also be in her class this year. I was getting Kady's hair brushed and told her to put her shoes on and immediately Creed (and all the other children) ran to the door. Kady nicely explained to Creed that he was not going because he was not old enough to go to school. Creed looked right at her and said "Yes - me five!!" Kady told him "No Creed, You are TWO." To which he really could not contest - he knew she was right. So - then he came up to me and trying to muster up as many tears as possible says - "Mommy, me school - mommy, me school - I go to school with Kady." I explained to him that he would get to go to school someday - but not today. He kept complaining and insisting that he needed to escort his sister to her school when finally I said to him - "Creed, if you go to school - you have to go without mommy. Mommy doesn't go to school with you. Do you want to go to school without mommy?" He thought for a moment - the tears dried up and things were good again. But - as I was asking Creed this - I did hear my wonderful daughter in the background answer my question with a definite - YES! I guess it's time for school to start, now that I have FINALLY beating her at one game of Manacala.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Score for school! Our kids head off next week, Thursday. Monday we check to see teacher assignments, Wednesday all school picnic and then wonderful Thursday! I'm not sure who's more excited, me or the kids!
That first day of school is quite an event. I noticed how much my "babies" changed after they got into school. Kind of a loss of some innocence. When I was teaching I always resented (just a tad) that parents were so EAGER to get rid of their kids and send to to us. What were we in for? :)
Post a Comment