"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Horseback Riding!

Last night we ran up to Cheyenne, WY to see Jill and Bill and their kids. We had a GREAT time. It was so good to reconnect with friends and to see where they live. It rained and poured while we were there and once it let up a little bit - they wanted to take us out to see a tour of the town. For those of you that are from our area, it is similar to Quincy in the way it is set up. Anyway - as we drove through the streets - it was obvious the much needed rain they got came a little too fast. They were cars that had rain water up to their roof. It was amazing!
After getting home - Chris and his dad packed their backpacks and got ready for their hike. I think my wonderful husband crawled into bed sometime after 11 pm and then was awake at midnight. Ok - I am just thinking that is not a lot of sleep for a 15 mile mountain hike - but hey - who am I? They left about 12:30 AM and we have not heard or seen from them since. So - that means the weather has cooperated and they at least have made it most of the way up if not to the summit. I guess if they get to the summit today - we will not see them until suppertime tonight! Pray for them - we have some HEAVY rain headed our way last this afternoon and they are warning of flash floods. Once they do make it back to the house - I am sure they will shower, supper and find their beds!
Since Linda and I have the kids today - we decided to do some things with them. I took Kady horseback riding this morning. She has asked to go everytime we go to Estes, so this time we are going. I was a little worried when they put us on the BIGGEST horse in the livery (literally) but soon found he was one of the gentlest. I was just a little concerned since I could not reach the ground at all to get on and off him. We were up pretty high - but Kady had a great time. She was ready to get off about an hour later - her legs were sore from straddling this HUGE horse - as were mine. So - now after a good shower (we had a little mishap with some horse pee - use your imagination) and a good lunch - Creed is headed down for a nap. I think I will find myself one too today - isn't that what vacation is for! And then - we are gonna head to the library and do some thrift store shopping if the weather holds out!



Before the ride!

This is RJ - our fearless leader!

No comments: