"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, July 25, 2008

Test Results and a Meltdown

Well - since I had not heard from the allergy specialist or Creed's primary care doctor - I made a phone call today to see what his blood levels were. When they told me the results - I was happy, at first. Then, they explained a little more to me. First of all - Creed's level for peanut butter was only 0.37. This is good considering his egg number a year ago was 1.98. I was happy thinking, we may outgrow this and may be able to control it now (if ever needed) with just a dose of Benadryl. However, the nurse warned me that this number is not an exact science and that sometimes it can be inaccurate or that it could also give false reassurance. She let me know that even with this low of a number on a blood test - a severe reaction could occur. Okay - so I understood that and we went on - the egg number (remember I told you above it was 1.98 one year ago) well it is now 5.45!!!! Ok - this child has not had egg in over a year (that we are aware of) and the number is going up!! That is not a good sign. Again, she said that the tests are just a guideline to verify the allergy and not the type of reaction - but she wanted to verify that I had an epi-pen (two actually) and that he did not have any egg product or nut product for another year. So - I guess I will continue to read labels and PRAY that people will not offer my son anything he should not have when I am not around.

Just thought I'd fill you in on one other exciting adventure we had last night. My son has not one but two blankets that he sleeps with FAITHFULLY. He has a fleece blanket that is lined with Satin with Pooh Bear on it and he is GREATLY attached to. He can go without the lighter blanket if needed, but his "small blankie" as he calls it must be viewable and within arms reach at all times. Well, last night we got the kids into bed and found that this particular blanket was NOT in his bed. We searched in his room and Kady's room and could not find it. We tried to get Creed to lay down in his bed while Chris and I continued looking - but no - "find small blankie, me find small blankie" is all we heard as he followed us around. We looked for over an hour in every container and nook and cranny in this whole entire house and we could NOT find his blanket. I even took the trash bag out and broke it open in the trash can outside to see if one of the daycare kids had "hid" it in there. We reminded Kady a few times that if she knew where the blanket was and she was "hiding" it, the "funny" was over and we needed the blanket. Well, well past bedtime we sent Creed to bed blanket less and Chris sat in there with him as he cried himself to sleep. (poor kid). He hollered for his blanket a few times in the night - but remained in his bed, so that was good. Well - this morning when ALL the kids arrived I asked each of them if they knew where Creed's blanket was. All (at least those that could speak) assured me they had no knowledge of the whereabouts of the "small blankie". I even told them I would give them ONE WHOLE DOLLAR BILL if they could find the blanket. Well, before nap time today I was pulling out the pack and play and noticed a little bulge in one of the side pockets. The only place I had not looked!! Yes, we found the blanket!!! Nap time was saved!!! Now, if I could only find that movie we rented from the library that is OVERDUE!! (These kids can stash anything away!!)

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

I'm SO glad you found it. I know how attached two of my kids were to either a blanket or a pillow.