"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Saturday, July 19, 2008

The LONG Week

This week has been pretty trying. Monday we found that our freezer was NOT going to make it. It had been slowly going - but by Monday morning it was obvious that we were in some trouble. So - I loaded up all the kids and a cooler and headed down to P Hill to put our things in Bill and Linda's deep freeze. Unfortunately, when I got there - I found the screen door was locked. I won't tell you how - but with the help of Chris' Uncle Bill we found our way in. That evening we had dinner with our neighbor to celebrate his birthday. We enjoy his company and our kids LOVE telling him EVERYTHING (much to our dismay) and entertaining him. He has been a great neighbor and we have always said that if and when we move to a bigger home, we will find one next door for him.
Wednesday the DSL man came (FINALLY) and told me I should have NEVER even been able to get on the internet because our line was bad. So - he entertained the kids while testing everything and they have decided they are going to have to run a new line for us. So - until they are able to do that - there is a pretty, black coax cable hanging on our fence and three of our neighbor's fences. Again - we live in a great neighborhood for everyone to put up with that.
Tuesday we stopped Creed's medicine so he could go for allergy testing. Well - by Thursday he was miserable. And by Friday he was unbearable. Friday night he was up ALL night long coughing, sneezing, trying to breathe, scratching his arms and legs, or just wanting his nose wiped. It is obvious that he needs the medication - but even more obvious that we need to get this testing done. Poor guy - I kept him inside all day on Friday just so it would not get any worse from the pollens outside. But - I don't think it made much of a difference considering the night we had. I know I will dread the day - but I can't wait for Tuesday morning to arrive.

Well - Friday evening the fridge repairman finally arrived. He was scheduled from 8-12 am and showed up at 5 pm. Oh, I wish I could be that punctual :). Anyway, we have a sealant issue - at least that is what he said, don't ask me what that is - and the estimate was just too high. So - that evening at 5:45 pm I rushed to Sears to purchase a new fridge. Unfortunately it will not be here until Tuesday, so we will be trying to find other ways to keep everything cold.
The week was not a total bummer. We had a BIG answer to prayer. I am losing two of my daycare kids due to schooling issues. I have had both since they were both 6 weeks old. One is basically like a brother to Kady so I know the change will be very difficult on her. But, it is also a financial issue for us. This week I not only filled those spots, but even have another part time spot possibly filled. God has been faithful - even though I worried. He has always taken care of us since we made the decision to be home with the kids and I should have known He would continue to do so.
Well - that's all for now.
Kady decorating our neighbor J's cake. We didn't have M and M's so she decided Skittles would work. I don't think that is quite what we had in mind - but hey, it worked.

On Thursday morning - I loaded up all 7 kids and we headed to the park. This park was new for Creed. He really enjoyed sliding down the slides.


We were not able to get together with my mom and dad for Creed's Birthday - so they sent Creed's present our way. He opened it last night. He LOVED it. Chris could not get it out of the box fast enough!! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!

No comments: