"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th

The Fourth of July was pretty typical for us here. We usually sleep in a little and then get ready in a mad dash to make it down to P Hill for the late morning parade. They close the roads off for the parade, so if we don't get there before the road is closed, we don't make it to grandma's house to watch the parade.

This year was no different. We all slept in, even the kids - YEAH! We had decided to celebrate Creed's birthday at Grandma's house on the fourth with G and G S, Aunt Pam, and all the Great Grandparents since we would all be there for the parade that morning. That meant I needed to bake a cake and it couldn't come out of the box. Creed has a severe egg allergy so that means a cake from scratch. I had thought ahead (I know, not too shocking) and the daycare kids and I had made one on Thursday. Well, let's just say, I don't think I double checked the kids' measurements too well because the cake was DRY. So, I whipped up another cake late Thursday night. That meant the cake decorating was left until Friday morning. The plan was to make an ELMO cake pattern and decorate it - but since we had only a few minutes I frosted the cake and daddy took over with decorating (or painting as Creed called it). It was sweet and simple - CREED was all that the cake said with a smiley face on it. We added a #2 candle and all was good. Hey, it's cake - you are gonna eat it anyway, right?


Then we FLEW down to P Hill and got there just in time since the parade was running late too. The parade was quiet and VERY uneventful. The fire trucks didn't even use their sirens. I'm not sure why - but Kady and Creed were happy with their candy stash - so life was good. We ate and then had cake. I know this means nothing to the rest of you - and Chris thinks I am crazy - but I thought it was SO nice to be able to eat ONE cake and Creed get to have a piece of the cake that everyone else was eating. He usually has his own eggless cookie, muffin, brownie, etc that mommy has taken along, so it was nice that we could all eat one cake and it tasted good! Anyway, we did the b day thing and then after some naps we left Kady at G and G's to watch fireworks and we headed for home. Creed has been so sick lately and is finally recovering and we wanted him to get a good night sleep. And fireworks are Kady's thing - so I'm sure she had a good time! Happy Independence Day and May God truly Bless America!
Decorating the cake - and yes, Creed has Kady's PJs on and Kady has on Creed's bottoms. Don't ask - we were busy and they got a little crazy.

Creed enjoying the parade next to daddy

CAKE!!!

Creed enjoying his new train set he got from Kady. It's Thomas - his favorite!

The gang that helped us celebrate - Great Grandma F and her husband Norm, Great Grandma and Grandpa S, and Aunt Pam - Thanks!!

No comments: