"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bragging Blog

Just wanted to take a few minutes to brag on my amazing children. I am so proud of them and all that they have been doing lately. Let's start with Creed. He is not the "book learning" type. He doesn't like to just sit down and be "taught" things, he is one of those "learn through play" kids. Which - is great, it just makes mommy have to be a little more creative at times. So, this week I had gotten some "flash cards" through a daycare traveling center. Creed was playing with them and he knew ALL his colors and ALL his shapes (except an oval). It amazed me! I knew he knew most of his colors but shapes I was a little iffy on. Then, I noticed yesterday, he was counting out some objects and counted to 12 correctly. Not done yet. Since we were in the "mood" to play flash cards, I got out his alphabet cards and was pleasantly surprised to find that he could recognize an O, C, K and V. I know he will never be as "determined" as Kady is to learn, but it is nice to see that he is learning things - even if he doesn't always want to let us know. :) He even wrote a C on his paper the other day!
Now - on to Kady. We got her report card yesterday, and again she is doing well in school. She has moved up a level in Reading in the last six weeks and is reading Chapter books on her own. She amazed me this morning. We went to the store and she wanted a toy. I told her I would buy it for her, but she would have to take money out of her piggy bank to pay for it. As I was putting the groceries away, I didn't notice that she was in her room. She came out with a bag full of money. One dollar bill with plenty of coins. She says to me, "Mommy, I got out $10.50". I just looked at the bag thinking, well after lunch we will count it out and see if she was even close. I started counting, and the girl had brought me $10.50 exactly! When did she learn to count coins!!! Where is she learning this stuff. I know they don't teach that in Kindergarten!! She is WAY too smart for her own good!
OK - now on to reality. Just so you don't think my children are too amazing and super-human, let's get back to what normally occurs around here. Let's see. Creed whined most of the morning as we walked through the grocery store telling me that his stomach was going to fall apart if he didn't get the cookies, fruit snacks or whatever else he found. It was quite a LONG trip. Kady has started the attitude already, and she is only 6! She has started the "If mommy does my hair, it is wrong" attitude. Or the, "if mommy buys me a shirt, I hate it. If grandma buys me the SAME shirt, it is the coolest thing in the world" attitude. It is going to be LONG 12 years!!!
So - I choose for today to see the good in my children at this moment. Even as Creed is in his room crying because I have made him lay down for a much needed rest time, I still choose to see the good in my children! :)

No comments: