"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, January 4, 2010

Misc.

Ok - just a few things that need to be posted.
First - frustration settled in today when I had to replace batteries in two new different Christmas toys. Yes - it has not even been two weeks since Christmas and I have already had to replace batteries! I guess I should be happy that the toys are being played with so much that the batteries have run down - or is it the power switch was not turned off once the toy was put away? I guess we will never know. :)
Second - Creed decided to enlighten all of us today with his "steps toward adulthood". He told all the day care kids that he was now a BIG boy and ready for school and could play the Big kid games now. When asked why he thought he was now "ready" for these feats - he loudly announced - "Because I wiped my own poop today - so now I am ready." So, I guess according to a 3 and a half year old boy - that is just one more step towards being a teenager.
Third - my children have become Playstation addicts. And, sadly enough, I am tired enough to allow it. Do you know how much you can get done when your children are playing video games?? We used to stick to the V-Smile (read educational) games - but the kids have discovered daddy's Playstation One (yes, we are state of the art around here) and have learned how to master a few games. What is hilarious is that my son, who is becoming a young man remember, has no idea that Kady is playing and he is just pushing buttons. He actually thinks that he can play these games. I am waiting for the day that he makes the revelation that just pushing the buttons in random order does not actually make for game play. Or, maybe all the practice of pushing the buttons in random order will make him an excellent player in years to come.
Fourth - I have stammered long enough. I have a headache and am now going to lay on the couch and watch my children play video games. Yes, again tonight. Just nominate me for mother of the year!!! Happy New Year!

No comments: