"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, January 17, 2010

Makes You Think

This video was made by a 20 year old for an AARP contest, U@50. Watch the video first, then scroll down to see what I have to say. But please, watch the video first. I'm sorry, but it would not download so you'll have to click on the URL below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42E2fAWM6rA

I have to be honest, I watched the first part of this video and thought, how depressing. Then, I continued to see the victory that can come through the struggle. I know that there are many points in time that I think, "God, was I right in having children and subjecting them to this world with all it's evils and all it's temptations." I wonder how much more it will take for my children to grow up in this world. I pray every day that God will protect their little eyes and ears from all that is around them. I know He will, but it still is a scary thought for me as a parent. But - you see this and you see that there is hope. There are those that still believe that this world can be what it was meant to be.

No comments: