"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pushing the Rewind Button

Yes, I am getting old. I will admit it. But, can't we just try and live in the past? Well - I've decided we are going to do just that at our church. This Spring, I thought I might try a musical. Caravan ends in April and then we kind of have a "void" in things to do until we start our Summer Series. So - this year I decided to do a musical. And not just any musical - but one I did MANY years ago - DOWN BY THE CREEK BANK.
They have "re-recorded" it, so it is now available on CD (something no one had heard of when I was younger) and we are going to tackle that project in April. Now - the best part is, I talked to some parents, and they did the musical as a child as well - and we are actually going to do a "family musical". If parents want to do the musical with their kids, we are going to let them. If they want to just sit in the audience and re-live the glory days, they can do that! I'm excited about it. I got the CD in the mail over the weekend and played all the songs for Chris. He had never heard of it, but that didn't stop me from sadly singing along to "Germs, Germs, My Invisible Dog" or "I Am Adopted" or "Being Me, Being Free". I know he was sitting there wondering what mid-life crisis his wife had begun, but I just couldn't believe that I remembered those songs! I mean come on - if it is a 25 year old musical then I must have been 2 or 3 when I did it, right?? ;)
So - now I am asking for your help. I need pictures of this musical from 25 years ago. I want to get the kids as excited as I am, and show them the 70's and 80's hair and make-up that went along with this musical so many years ago. You know what I mean - BIG HAIR back then. So - if you have pictures from this musical (yes, dad, I am talking to you right now) would you leave me a comment or just email them to me. And no, I don't have to know anyone in the picture - we will make fun of them all the same!! :) (And don't worry, I am sure that I will be one of those people we will be making fun of!)
So - have a good day and sing to your hearts content. You may not remember all the words, but it is fun to hum along!
"Ain't Gonna Let The Mountains Praise the Lord, No I Ain't Gonna Let the Mountains Praise the Lord, do, do , do do, do, dum dum, do do do dum, dum - No I Ain't Gonna Let the Mountains Praise the Lord"

No comments: