"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kady's First Trip to the ER

Well - the call came. The school secretary called and said, "Kady has had an accident at school. She has hit her head on the desk and is going to need some attention.". I say, "OK, how bad is it." She says, "I don't want to say too much, Kady is sitting here with me." I say, "Is it bleeding." She says, "Oh Yes." I say, "Are we going to need stitches." She says, "I think so." I say, "We are on our way." I call Chris, he goes to get her and we (daycare kids and mommy) meet him at the ER with the medical information. I got a look. It was not bleeding much at all by that point. It was like a 1 inch laceration on her forehead. The problem, it was deep. It was more like a puncture wound. She had bent down to pick up a paper off the floor and had slipped and hit her head on the back of a chair. From what Kady told the daycare kids, "There was blood all in my hand and on the floor. The janitor had to come in and clean it up. She cleans up poop when it is on the floor." Mommy interjected here and asked, "Did you poop?" She said, "No, I bled." (Just checking) I asked her if she cried, "She said, yes. It hurt and it bled." She got three wonderful layers of derma-bond and three sterile strips that have to wear off - no stitches required at this point. It was deep, but not real wide, so hopefully it will heal nicely. Chris will tell you he saw bone, I didn't look that long. I was just hoping that after looking I would be able to make it home with the daycare kids in the car without passing out. Kept thinking of chocolate and other happy things. I am actually a little queasy writing this, pretty sad, huh? But, I have proven I can hold it together at the time of the incident - it is afterwards that I loose it a little. But, I'm learning that is better than being passed out on the floor while the incident is occurring. :)
The funny thing to me about all this is how proud is Kady is for her "little accomplishment". She had to show all the daycare parents her injury and she could NOT wait to go to school this morning and show one of the boys who was not at school yesterday what happened to her. She was not at all embarrassed that she had cried or bled at school. I was NEVER that confident and was always self-conscious about everything. I know she is just in Kindergarten (as Chris reminded me) but I am glad that she doesn't care what other people think - at least for the moment.



No comments: