"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting Healthy

We all make those New Year's Resolutions. This year - I'm going to get in shape. This year - I'm going to eat right. This year - I'm going to cook at home more and eat out less. Well - the last one really doesn't pertain to our house, considering we rarely eat out, but the first two apply. I feed the kid's healthy food each day - fruit, vegetables, whole grain - but when it comes to myself, I grab whatever I can - whether good for me or not - and I HAVE to stop that.
Chris decided that he was going to spend the extra money he got over Christmas this year and buy the P90X exercise program. If you want a work out or you want to just feel like you have been hit by a truck - then you want to do this program. I tried it one day and discovered that I am TOTALLY out of shape and need to start a little less intense program before I could ever work my way up to this P90X thing.
So, this has now become a family thing. I do my exercises some times during the day - and if it is not during naptime - the day care kids (the little ones) LOVE to join in. They also love to make fun of me - but that's okay. And when Chris does his exercises in the evening, Kady and Creed just have to join in. Now Kady, she actually does the exercises and keeps up fairly well. Creed, he does a few and then lays on the floor. :) So - here are a few pics of our "healthy life style".


Doing some Yoga with Daddy


Creed gives up so easily.



Kady and Creed helping Daddy out on the Bow-flex


It takes all three - but they have success!! At least that's what the kids think!



Kady and Daddy doing some push-ups. Again - Creed is down for the count.

No comments: