"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, October 3, 2008

Growing Up

Things have been pretty "normal" around here this week. Except - Chris and I have really started to see how much our children are growing up right in front of us. Earlier on in the week - I had only a few daycare kids so I asked Kady if she wanted to ride her bike up to daddy's office. It is only about 6-7 blocks, but she has never rode without her training wheels that far. She was READY!! We started off and soon, she remembered the BIG hill. Now, this hill has been a source of fear for Kady since she started riding. She went down this a few times with training wheels and the result was not pretty. So - she started "pushing" her bike down the big hill. I reminded her she had brakes on this bike and that she could "do it". And she did as you see in the picture below! Growing up too quickly!!





Our next round of excitement came on Wednesday night when my mom and dad came back for a quick visit on their way home from Texas. Unfortunately, they soon found out just how busy and late our Wednesday nights really are. But, they did get to spend a few minutes with the kids and Kady got to open up a few presents for her birthday.




The biggest "growing up" moment came today. Creed has always loved to "ride" vehicles. He loves to push his motorcycle, his tricycle, his scooter. (Noticed I said push) He has NEVER been willing to even try pedaling. Well - today was the day. He got on the "little pink and green bike" we have at our house. (Yes, I know, not the right color - but maybe Santa can help with that one) Creed got on the bike and took off! He was pedaling! He was steering! He was falling and getting right back up!! He was SO proud of himself and so was I. When daddy came home from work - he had to show him and then he stayed out on the deck pedaling that bicycle all afternoon until we finally dragged him in to go get something to eat at suppertime. BUT once supper was done - he was ready to go again. I decided to take him out front on the road and he took off!!! He is an expert bicycler. Well, as long as he has training wheels and someone is there to push him when he hits a bump - but an expert for a 2 year old!!!


But - just so I can quit the bragging and get back to reality - this is how far we are away from "really" growing up. Toilet training is not in the near future as far as Creed is concerned. He can run around in a diaper this full or one that is literally falling off without a care in the world!

No comments: