"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Fun

Isn't it one of the best times of the year? The weather is AWESOME! The leaves are falling and as you walk through them on a quiet evening you can hear them rustling under your feet. And - your kids get to ingest WAY too much sugar and go completely bonkers for a good week until their blood sugar gets under control!!! But - it is SO much fun for them and my kids actually enjoy GIVING out candy, so we do "a little" trick or treating" and then head home for some just treating. And - our town has TWO nights of trick or treating!! Yes, two wonderful nights filled with tired children wondering the neighborhood in need of MORE SUGAR!!! I really think they need to establish a "Parent's Night of Trick or Treating". We can then go around and our children can give us CHOCOLATE, or a gift certificate for a free massage, or a guaranteed night out with babysitter included, or just ONE night consisting of 8 blissful hours of uninterrupted sleep! We need to petition someone for this holiday! Where do we start!!! :)


Creed is decorating his Halloween cookies we made at daycare. Yes, I am the brave soul that gives each child a bowl of icing, a butter knife and lets them have fun. Most of the kids, including Creed, decorated the cookie and then preceded to lick the icing off and leave the cookie.



We also did a little painting today. Kady is painting a jack-o-lantern.


Creed is painting "something". At first it actually looked like a circle, but then it just turned into a big blob of paint. But - he used pretty fall colors!



For our craft today we made candy necklaces. I am not sure if Creed ate more or beaded more - but it kept him busy!


Kady and her necklace creation!

Two excited children getting ready to go trick-or-treating. Creed is Tigger this year and Kady is Tinkerbell. Notice I even TRIED to do her hair like Tinkerbells. Notice I said TRIED!!!


Kady standing excitingly at the door with a hand full of loot for the next trick-or-treater!!


Creed is also ready to pass out some of his stash. We had to explain to him that he needs to give out the candy in the candy dish and not take it out of his own bag. Too cute!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The kids are so excited for tonight. Me, not so much! That is okay, they will have a blast and that is all that matters!