A few weeks ago we watched a video in church from the Skit Guys. I think the video was called God's Chisel. I can't tell you all about the video, because a few phrases just hit me like a ton of bricks and I cannot get away from them.
The first was the guy was speaking with God and told God that he had let Him down so many times. God responded by saying - "No, you were NEVER holding ME up. I hold YOU up with my victorious right hand and don't you forget it! In this relationship, I hold YOU up. My love for you has no boundaries."
Wow - God holds me in His hand. He holds Me up!
The second phrase that got to me was this - the man says to God - ..."today I am not going to hold on to anything anymore. Your word says You will make me Your masterpiece and use me to do great things. I don't see how it is possible. But - I want that with all that I am. So please do whatever it takes to make me what you want." God responds by reminding him that "you were one of my original masterpieces, you are my work, and in you I have found favor."
I have to admit, right now, God has challenged me beyond what I can explain. He is asking me to step outside of my controlled, comfort zone and do what He is asking. At times, I feel SO inadequate to the calling. At times, I feel as though He must have the wrong person. At times, I feel like He is setting me up to fail. (Sorry, just being honest) And at times, I actually think He must be insane to think that I could possible walk into the storm so willingly.
But then, I see a video like the above, or a read a book or a verse in the Bible, or hear a sermon preached and in those moments I know that I am HIS. He created me. He knows what He is doing. I have to just accept that He is God. He promises that He will never ask us to do more than He will equip us. I just have to remember that He is the artist, I am the canvas, and He can make me into a beautiful masterpiece if I will just allow Him to do so.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment