"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Mammoth Snow came ...

This is the view out our window during the blizzard. This was actually when we had pretty good visibility. (Sorry - I took it through the screen)


My husband plowed in the driveway about two in the afternoon and got stuck! He made it home and then got stuck in the driveway. Figures. But - after taking a little rubber off the tires, some man power shoveling, and some very helpful neighbors we were able to get the car moved up in the drive so the snow plow could at least get through. (Many hours later!)


My husband after he had spent time shoveling and pushing his car out of the snow drifts. Let's just say - it was a blizzard out there!! Look at that gotee.


The next morning - my husband decided to not bother shoveling the drive again. We had gone out at 6 PM last night and you couldn't even tell we had done anything! So - he set off on foot! Chris' office parking lot - can you even tell it is a parking lot?


The ramp at Chris' office. As you can tell - the cars had to park in the street.



This is our neighborhood this morning. Manual labor. So glad I have a daycare parent who owns a snow plow! All the kids and I had to do was shovel out the drifts around the car and van.


Our backyard. Notice the path Kady has made for the dog. She worked with a small shovel and made quite a path. Unfortunately, there is still about 2 feet of snow under the path she has made. The poor dog still can't get to the grass!


The hole we dug for Oreo so she could find a place to do her business. It looks small in the picture - but just to give you an idea - the bottom of that door is 3 feet off the ground.



Would you care to sit awhile?


Notice the black handle sticking up by the fence. Under that mound of snow is our red wagon. Guess that should have made it into the shed as well.


Creed could go sledding without a sled today. Belly sliding!


The "small" drift that decided to make the van it's home. The kids had a great time playing on the massive drifts.


Another large drift between our house the neighbors house. I didn't get a picture of it - but while I was shoveling - they were building a snow tunnel. They were able to squeeze through - but it didn't survive for long!

No comments: