"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life Lessons

We went to a visitation recently for an elderly man that was 94 years old. Since our family is very close to the family that lost this dear loved one, we took our children with us. I talked with Creed and Kady before we left, reminding them that the "shell" of this grandpa would be there, but that the part of him that made him laugh, cry, smile, etc was in heaven with Jesus. Well, we got there and we stood in line with the others wishing to express their condolences. Creed was full of questions. He wanted to know why they were hiding half of the body. I didn't have an answer for why only part of the casket was open, so I just told him, I didn't know. He then went on to ask if he had clothes on. (We were quite far away at this point) I explained that yes, he had clothes on. He probably had a nice suit on. Creed then leaned over to Kady and said, "I bet the bottom of that box is closed because he doesn't have underwear on and they don't want to see his bottom." And - luckily - no one else in the line heard my loud son make this comment. (Or at least they pretended not to!) I gently leaned over to him and told him that he could ask questions and have comments, but to speak them in a whisper - to only us - please! However, knowing this grandpa, he is probably in heaven getting a little chuckle about the little boy who came to visit his family the evening of his remembrance and the things he had to say! :)

No comments: