OK - so everyone says we are going to get this mammoth amount of snow this week. Some say 10 inches, other reports say 15. The grocery stores are full of those stocking up on the "essentials" and the shelves are emptying quickly. However, I wonder how much they really want to stock that fridge when the weather also is saying ice which usually means no power - which usually means the fridge won't be working. But - I have a plan for that. You just fill up an empty Rubbermaid container - snuggle it up in the cold snow - and you have your own refrigerator/ice box. Hey - that's my plan - don't knock it. I have to be completely honest though. I am more worried about having no Internet when it comes to a power outage, than I am about the whole food thing. (Sorry, had to be honest. When blogging that is law)
My kids are praying for snow. One of my daycare kids said they have prayed for 20 inches. I am hoping God isn't wanting to show him that He answers ALL our prayers!! I have to be honest though - I do LOVE snow! I love watching it come down and I love playing in it. (When it isn't negative degrees) However, I also know one of the reasons I love snow is I really don't HAVE to get out in it. When there is lots of snow, I stay in and all the kiddos come to me since they have no school. My house is full of wild monkeys running all over since it is a SNOW DAY. Many call me insane when these days are over - but it is SO pretty outside. :)
So - we will see if the weather man is right. We will see if HE decides to pour the snow out on us or not. Either way - we will be ready. We have the shovels out of the shed and the boots by the door. But most importantly, we have hot chocolate, some good movies and a few games ready for the snowy days ahead! Have a good week!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Perhaps once you have a few FEET of snow on the ground and the kids haven't had a full week of school in over a MONTH and then we'll see if you still like the snow! :)
And we're scheduled to have another foot dropped on us Tuesday-Thursday. Yippee. :/
Feeling your pain - sister. Feeling your pain!
Post a Comment