Our final Christmas was just a few days ago. We headed out to the farm for Chris' BIG family Christmas. I remember the first time I went to this Christmas event 13 years ago. Growing up, our family Christmas' consisted of a small group of people getting together. This was VERY different!! I walked into his grandmother's house to find 40 other people there - and this was just a family gathering! Needless to say, it was a little intimidating. And, as the years have gone by - the amount of people seems to grow as all of Chris' cousins are getting married and having kids. I know it is difficult for ALL of us to be there just because there are SO many of us and we all have our own immediate and extended families to celebrate Christmas with as well - but it is nice when we can all get together for the holidays.
Chris and I remarked how this year was SO different for us. Now that our kids are out of the infant and toddler stages - we can sit back and enjoy some adult conversation and not have to worry about watching our kids 24/7 like we used to. We just show them where the food and the bathroom is and where the other cousins are playing and away we go!! :) (Just joking, we did check on them every once and awhile!)
Unfortunately - the pictures are limited. I let little hands have my camera for awhile and most of the pictures are of the floor or someone's nose, back, etc - you get the picture! So - these few will have to do!
I just had to post this! This is Chris' cousins daughter. Let's just call her K. She is pointing that weapon at Chris! The kids were running around everywhere with these things!

No comments:
Post a Comment