"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, August 9, 2010

July 4th Family Weekend

We decided to go to IN to visit my brother and his family over the 4th of July this year. We had a great weekend together - the only bad thing about the weekend was it was TOO short! Unfortunately we don't get together as much as we would like to - but always enjoy the time we have together.

On Saturday we headed to the beach. We ended up in Michigan City after we realized the beach was going to be a little crowded that weekend. But - the kids didn't care. Creed had never been to the beach before and I think he was pretty amazed at all that sand and water!

Creed doing his best Baywatch interpretation

At the beach - you ALWAYS have to bury someone in the sand.



Olivia, Kady and Savannah enjoying the cool water at the beach!






These three are cute from both sides!! :)

On Sunday morning we headed to Keith's church. We LOVE going to my brother's church. It is so laid back and the worship experience there is just awesome! I have to admit - Chris and I were looking forward to it for weeks. It is always nice to take part in a worship service when all you have to do is worship - nothing else is expected of you.



We TRIED to get a picture of all four kids. As you can see - it didn't go well



But these three sure are cute!
After a great service we headed to Funflatables. We were letting the kids release a little energy while celebrating Creed's birthday with a little bounce action.

Climbing UP!

And down Creed goes!


The men decided to watch the kids while we did a little shopping! Doesn't it look like they are having SO much fun!


That night it was time for FIREWORKS!! I LOVE fireworks! It still amazes me how you can make something look so beautiful with explosives. We left soon after supper and had a front row seat for the show. The kids did really well waiting - although we made sure they were well fed and had something to drink to make the "waiting" a little easier.

Olivia and Creed preparing for the fireworks. Guess they didn't care for the "practice runs" they were hearing.
Kady and Savannah could care less about the "practice run". Bring on the cupcakes!!


The "adults"!

Creed snuggled up to Uncle Keith. He was AMAZED at the fireworks. It was his first time seeing them.
Monday morning - we headed home! :( But we had a fun weekend. Thanks K and C for having us! Next time you can head down our way!! :)

No comments: