"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Colorado - Part 4


Sunday morning on our way to church, we ventured off to find the bear and her cubs that had greeted one of my in-law's neighbors that morning. We found them, still perched in the tree they had run up. They are hard to see - but mama bear has her back to me and the cub is looking right at me. And yes, I got too close, but I just had to get a picture.


On Monday morning, Chris' dad took us up Old Fall River Road. It is the non-paved, one way, very twisty-turny road to the summit of Rocky Mountain National Park. Let's just say, the views were worth the road.




This year - looking out from the summit house at Trail Ridge Road.

A year ago.

The competitive crew enjoying a little mini golf.


Creed jumped up and down after each and every hole he made.

We stopped to feed the ducks. Now, I think we stopped because Chris wanted some coffee, but feeding the ducks was a good excuse. :)


This year - Roasting marshmallows for smores, Colorado style.


A year ago. Wow, are they growing up fast or what??

No comments: