"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, August 9, 2010

Allergy Testing - Again

Creed went to see the allergist at the end of July. This is our yearly visit and we pretty much know what to expect now. We go in, discuss what has happened allergy wise the past year, and then take some blood, call a few days later, get depressing results, and then wait until next year. Well - this year - the allergy visit came during VBS. Therefore, it was up to daddy to take Creed to St Louis and endure the allergy visit alone. Everything was good - until Chris got close to the doctor's office. Creed soon knew what was coming and decided he was NOT going to make this easy on Chris. To make a long story short - Chris called me soon after arriving at the Dr. office and told me that he might be carried away in handcuffs - so be prepared to come and get his son. In other words, Chris was dealing with a VERY difficult toddler and taking care of things with a spanking - which some see as over the top - but we see as a need at times (especially with Creed). Creed did calm down and the appointment went without a hitch and the blood was taken and he survived the visit. And yes, I am talking about Chris not Creed when I say that! :)
Anyway - we got the results for his test while on vacation. And - again the numbers went up and not down and doubled as well! A little scary for me - since Creed will be going to school this Fall - but God will NOT give this mommy more than she can handle!
We also finally settled a dispute in our household for a few years. I and Creed's pediatrician have been convinced that Creed has an allergy to dogs. Chris has many times thought we were wrong and so we had them test his blood for dogs as well this time. Well - you know that the only reason I am posting this is that the blood test showed in my favor. (Just joking) Creed is showing a "mild" allergy to dogs. However, we have not had any nasal problems with the dogs we have now since they are hypo-allergenic - so we are NOT getting rid of our dogs. So - we made the right choice in getting this type of dog. Glad for that.
So - moving on - we have ordered and received Creed's allergy alert bracelets and I will be meeting with his teacher on Monday night to go over how we are going to handle snacks, Epi-pens, and that other good stuff. So - if you think of it in a few weeks - say a prayer for this mommy as she sends her little boy off to school. It is a little scary knowing you are sending your child away and trusting others to make sure he stays "safe". I know it will be OK, but it is still a little bit scary.

No comments: