Let's just say our New Year has started off on the wrong foot. Creed's allergies (or so we thought) kicked in on New Year's Day and that evening he was a "night terror". He tried to sleep - but through the coughing, hacking and snotty nose - it was just not happening. And when Creed doesn't sleep well - neither does anyone else in the house. The next evening - Friday - Kady came home from spending a few days at Grandma's and we soon found that Creed's "allergy problem" may not actually be allergies. Kady was up all night coughing, hacking, blowing her snotty nose. Ok - let me rephrase that. Kady kept the rest of us up all night with her hacking. She can (or at least seems to) sleep through her lousy attempt at a real cough! Last night we got desperate after too many nights of NO sleeping and Chris went in and coated her little feet bottoms with Vicks and then shoved some socks on her feet. (All the while Kady slept!!!) I've been told and read that this worked - well, let's just say it was not an immediate solution - but after a while it did seem to kick in! So - we will do that right after bath tonight! Maybe I'll just line them up and coat everyone's feet with that nasty smelling stuff! (This sleep deprived mother is willing to do ANYTHING at this point!)
So - after all that complaining - we are hoping the New Year will only get better. It has to - RIGHT? No - we are looking forward to a few things this year. Let's see - Chris and I are taking a short "get-away" in a few short days. We have not been away - just the two of us - since before Kady, so it is time!! Unfortunately, in order to get away and afford it - we are going to have to listen to a wonderful "timeshare" sales pitch - but hey - they are paying our way - so we will endure their two hour talk.
I also am looking forward to getting my floor done in my kitchen. We have had the laminate flooring in our shed for over a year - but we just have NOT had the time to get it in. So - after tax season this year - it IS happening! I am SO ready to throw out the nasty kitchen carpet and have a floor that is not matted with play-doh, mashed food, and stains. (Aren't you all just waiting in line to come eat at our house!!!??)
And let's see - what else this year. In the summer, we are going to try and make another trip to Colorado. Chris is getting ready for some hikes - and believe it or not - he is planning to go up Long's Peak again. I really wasn't sure he would want to go again after last year's experience - but after much planning and preparation - I think he is going to go up again. Me - not so much. Once I heard the stories about basically walking on a narrow ledge and holding on tightly so you don't plummet to certain death, this chick is content with going shopping or horseback riding while they head up the mountain. And let's just be honest - I am so out of shape, they would have to cart me after the first mile or two!!!
And - the biggest change will happen in September for us. Kady is going to be in Kindergarten! We will actually have to get her up and out of bed to head off to school each morning. That will be interesting!!! I still can't believe she is 5 and Creed is 2! I realized last night as I lay in bed listening to Creed trying to breath through his booger-packed nose and Kady abruptly cough every few moments, that in only one and a half years - Creed will be going to Pre-K. No!! That just does NOT seem possible! Life just seems to go by so fast. I guess that's why it is important to live in the moment!! Happy New Year! Take some time to enjoy it - it will be over before we know it!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment